As part of the development of the total person, we encourage students to participate and develop skills in sporting activities.
Participation in sports helps to develop:
• a strong sense of community and belonging
• an ability to work with others and form friendships
• confidence and self-belief
• self-discipline and perseverance
• goal setting abilities
• dealing with adversity
• an understanding of our own giftedness and an appreciation of the giftedness of others
Sport also helps develop skills which benefit students in their academic endeavours and in their leadership development.
Campion College offers a wide range of sporting opportunities for students. Our modern gymnasium and large all weather astroturf area provide excellent facilities for competitive and recreational sports.
As well as catering for all students, regardless of ability, we aim to provide a pathway and support for our most talented sports players to enable them to reach the highest levels possible.